Monday, December 17, 2007

Here is the speech the twins did.

Would you like a kitten? I don't know. I know, we could trade!”


One Kitten for Kristy

By Adelaide Holl


Kristy was a girl who had too many kittens. Kristy did not think so but her mother and father did.


You may keep just one kitten. You will have to give the rest of them away. We just can't have a house full of kittens.”


Kristy chose the roundest polka dot kitten for her own. She put the others in a basket and set it in her wagon. Then away she went Kristy with five kittens in her basket.


(Mrs. McGinty was sweeping her walk.)


What beautiful kittens!”


Would you like one? They are so sweet and cute!”


Indeed I would but you see, I have some goldfish. A kitten might eat the goldfish.”


Maybe we could trade my kitten for your goldfish.”


OK Kristy here you go! Two goldfish in a bowl.”


I will chose that beautiful kitten of snowball-white aw she is very pretty.”


Away went Kristy with FOUR kittens in her basket, and two goldfish in a bowl.

Kristy pulled her wagon quietly because she was coming up to Miss Murphy's house. Miss Murphy did not like squeaky wagons or noisy children.


Hello, Miss Murphy. I have some nice quite kittens to give away. Would you like one?”


Did you say quiet kittens? Let me see! Oh all the do is make a quiet purring sound. Wait!”


Miss Murphy went inside her house and came out with a parrot in a cage.


This is Skipper. A sea captain sent him to me. He sings the Sailor's Hornpipe. Would you like to trade a nice quiet kitten for a nice noisy parrot?”


Oh yes! I would love to trade a kitten for your parrot.

Miss Murphy how about this gray kitten?”


Away went Kristy down the street with THREE kittens in a basket, two goldfish in a bowl, and one green parrot in a cage.


Kristy saw Mr. Wiggins. At his fruit stand.”


Pesky mice! They keep nibbling my fruits and cheeses!”


What you need is a kitten. Cat's love to eat mice!”


I could use two kittens. These two midnight-black ones are perfect! Come Kristy come with me. Take your pick, we can trade.”


Puppies! I will chose this one. The one with the floppiest ears and the droopiest tail.”


Away went Kristy with ONE kitten in her basket, two goldfish in a bowl, one green parrot in a cage, and a wriggly brown puppy in a box.


Kristy saw Mrs. Green chasing a shiny black rooster.


Pesky rooster! I'm going to put you in the soup pot! Every morning he crows and wakes me up!”


Oh please don't! Give him to me and I will trade you with this little kitten.”


That is a fine idea. My little girl would love this striped kitten for her birthday tomorrow.”


She put the rooster in a crate for Kristy.


Away went Kristy with an empty basket, two goldfish in a bowl, one green parrot in a cage, a wriggly puppy in a box, and a shiny black rooster in a crate.


Kristy felt very happy and proud. When she got home she called,


Mother! Father! I found a home for every single kitten. I traded too! Aren't you glad?”



1 comment:

Destiny said...

They did so good on their speech! So did Will!