Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Last night....music



Last night we played some music together!!! Oh the Joy! I (Tami) can reach my Bass....no belly in the way! Praise God! Jeb sat next to me....not "in" me this time!
We were fatherless/gutairless for the beginning of the music time so that was funny. Steve was installing a swamp cooler we just got yesterday so it was a little different without the gutair but still it was fun. We figured we better learn how to play without him if he gets a job, and can't join us at the Growers Market this summer....we are all wanting to start going again to the Market and make a little extra spending cash for the kids. Steve did join us a little later, so that was nice!
Alex has been doing some amazing song writing lately. Alex really stretches Steve musical abilities in finding the chords to songs, and that is not that easy. Alex is writing "different stuff" well more complicated then the average 1,4,5 bluegrass songs! It's so awesome to see them work together and come up with an amazing tune! I just wait till they figure it out and then hand me over the chart for me to follow...shhhh don't tell them.
Last night Alex and Anna were working on a tune Anna started writing on the banjo, it's great too! God is really blessing these kids with the gift of music. I pray they use music always for His glory and His Kingdom on earth! I am so glad I get to listen to their music so much around the house :) I love it!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Way to go Tami and I'm glad your belly is not in the way any more lol. Don't over do it Missy or I will be after you lol. Love you and good luck Steve and Travis....

Grandma of Many said...

Well, I am so proud of all of you that you are continuing your music no matter what. Alex and Anna, keep writing that music and stretch yourselves as far as possible. I love to hear all of you play at the market. Love, Grandma Dot