Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Pictures from Tournament

Before Awards were announced these young people led worship. Aaron, Tait, Dylan, Natalie and Alex. It was beautiful! Alex said this was the the Best time he had during the tournament....I am not surprised! :) The worship was always wonderful every morning and it really set the scene for the rest of the day.

The competing Cousins...well Devin was missing. Are they a good looking bunch or what?? YEP!

Collin and Anna. Collin won 3rd. in Expository and Anna won 3rd in Open Interpretation.

Anna said she wanted to place so bad, not for herself but for Grandma Dot. She said she spent so much money and she did not want to let her down...so sweet! For you Grandma Dot~!!!

All the cousins get so happy for each other! They all are so encouraging. Anna, Destiny and Karissa.

Anna and friend Tessa. Before the awards were announced....the butterflies were flying for sure!

It was a blessing to see all these young people do their different speeches and do so well. The community judges that came, (from all over town) were all blessed by the children too. Many of the judges said over and over they could not believe the kindness and support the kids showed to one another. There was prayer in the halls for one another before they would compete and there was much fun playing games when in between speeches. Kids from 7 years old to young adults 20 playing games together. It was a great tournament. I do believe Jesus was glorified and that is the whole point of life!!!! I hope to figure out how to post some of the videos of the speeches here soon, I'm having tech difficulties.

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Great pics and sure proud on how they all did. Takes a lot to get up in front of people and perform. Good job you all....

Destiny said...

The tourney was so much fun! I was so happy when they said Anna got 3rd place... she definitely deserved it! God is so good!
-Destiny

Kolten Anderson said...

Thats the same thing I was thinking about when I was doing my speeches, but I thought about how dad spent so much on my boards. Copy cat.
-Kolten

Kaila Anderson said...

I'm so glad we could all participate this year!!! Everyone did such an awesome job and had fun!!!

Grandma of Many said...

I agree with what everyone said. I am just sad tha I didn't get to attend but was praying for them and thinking about them every second. I love you all and thanks for the great pictures. Love, Grandma Dot

Ginger said...

Great and fun pictures of all the kids and their friends at the tournament. Congrats to all of you for the awesome job each of you did!!!!!